New scientific categories for scientific units have been granted
The Minister of Education and Science has decided on the categorization of national scientific units. Each unit submitted itself to evaluation separately in each discipline it practiced. Under the current rules, it was possible to obtain a scientific category of A+ (the highest), A, B+, B or C (the lowest). Poznan PAS institutes underwent categorization in the following disciplines:
Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, PAS
– biological sciences – category A+
– chemical sciences – category A
– information and communication technology – category A
Institute of Dendrology, PAS
– biological sciences – category A
– forest sciences – category A+
Institute of Molecular Physics, PAS
– physical sciences – category B+
Institute of Human Genetics, PAS
– medical sciences – category A
Institute of Plant Genetics, PAS
– agriculture and horticulture – category A
Prof. Marek Świtoński, President of the Branch, decorated with the medal "Labora Omnia Vincit"
Society of Hipolit Cegielski decided to award prof. Marek Świtoński the President of the Poznań Branch of the Polish Academy of Sciences with the Silver Medal of the “Labora Omnia Vincit” Society for promoting the idea of organic work.
The decision of the Management Board is an expression of recognition for the Professor’s scientific, didactic and social activities.
A new laboratory of advanced imaging and measurement techniques at the Institute of Human Genetics of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Poznań
The Ministry of Education and Science granted the Institute of Human Genetics PAS co-financing in the amount of PLN 4 898 057.03 for the purchase of research equipment called PANAKEIA – Platform for confocal analysis and tissue electrophysiology of atomic forces.
The platform is distinguished by the uniqueness of solutions and a wide spectrum of integrated specialized techniques for comprehensive in vivo imaging of tissues and cells. It enables, among others super-resolution confocal imaging, atomic force measurements, or cell imaging in microfluidic systems. Additionally, using PANAKEI, it is possible to measure the electrophysiology of excited cells, and thanks to fast-frame measurements (up to 1600 fps) it is possible to accurately track cell contractions or the movement of respiratory cilia in high resolution.
Trees and forests in a changing environment - scientific conference of the Institute of Dendrology of the Polish Academy of Sciences and the Commission of Forest and Wood Sciences, O / PAN in Poznań
We cordially invite you to participate in the 2nd Scientific Conference “Trees and forests in a changing environment”, which will be held on October 11-13 this year. on-line. Detailed information is available on the website of the Institute of Dendrology of the Polish Academy of Sciences (www.idpan.poznan.pl).
Prof. Michał Witt - director of the Institute of Human Genetics of the Polish Academy of Sciences, a corresponding member of the Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences
Prof. dr hab. Michał Witt was appointed a correspondent member of the Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences by a resolution of the General Meeting.
The Polish Academy of Learning is an institution established to nurture science and culture. As a national public utility institution, it remains under the care of the State Authorities, in particular under the protectorate of the President of the Republic of Poland.
National members (active and correspondent) participate in General Meetings, in scientific meetings of all Departments and Committees, in administrative meetings of their own Faculty, they have the right to actively and passively choose the dignities existing in PAU.
"RNA goes viral" - a conference of scientists from ICHB PAN
On July 1-2, the interdisciplinary scientific conference “RNA goes viral” was held at the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences. Today’s world is full of new unexpected challenges such as the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Increasingly, to understand contemporary problems and develop an effective strategy to solve them, knowledge from the border of various scientific fields and an interdisciplinary approach are required. This interdisciplinarity was also characteristic of the conference, during which the latest reports in the field of chemistry and biology of nucleic acids, molecular biology, virology, epidemiology and medicine were presented.
Winners of the competition for the best research work published in 2020, whose leading author is a PhD student
Reported works: 77
1. Dr Kamil Kleszczyński, Instytut Filozofii Uniwersytetu Zielonogórskiego (nauki humanistyczne)
2. Dr Susheel Sagar Bhat, Wydział Biologii Uniwersytetu im. A. Mickiewicza w Poznaniu (nauki biologiczne i rolnicze)
3. Dr inż. Agata Zdarta, Wydział Technologii Chemicznej Politechniki Poznańskiej (nauki ścisłe i nauki o Ziemi)
4. Dr inż. Michał Tomczyk, Wydział Informatyki i Telekomunikacji Politechniki Poznańskiej (nauki techniczne)
5. Dr n. med. Julia Paczkowska, Instytut Genetyki Człowieka PAN w Poznaniu (nauki medyczne)
1. Mgr Wojciech Stelmach, Wydział Filologii Polskiej i Klasycznej Uniwersytetu im. A. Mickiewicza w Poznaniu (nauki humanistyczne i społeczne)
2. Dr Łukasz Dylewski, Wydział Medycyny Weterynaryjnej i Nauk o Zwierzętach Uniwersytetu Przyrodniczego w Poznaniu (nauki biologiczne i rolnicze)
3. Mgr Emmanuel Pameté Yambou, Wydział Technologii Chemicznej Politechniki Poznańskiej (nauki ścisłe i nauki o Ziemi)
4. mgr inż. Małgorzata Stanisz, Wydział Technologii Chemicznej Politechniki Poznańskiej (nauki techniczne)
5. Dr n. med. i n. o zdr. Ewelina Bukowska-Olech z Wydziału Lekarskiego Uniwersytetu Medycznego w Poznaniu (nauki medyczne)